The 8th Annual Montclair Bikery Turkey Ride Is On - VIRTUAL EDITION!
COVID won’t stop us from holding the 8th Annual Montclair Bikery Turkey Ride
Sunday, November 22, 2020
Benefitting the Human Needs Food Pantry
Demand for turkeys will be at an all-time high due to COVID – 19. Human Needs Food Pantry is facing a growing client base. To date, the pantry is serving more than 800 families, which is a 100% increase over last year. Let's make this holiday a special one for everyone in our community!
Thank you to our incredible sponsors! Partners for Health Foundation, Clara Maass Medical Center, Brookdale Shoprite , Egan and Sons, Jack Finn & Co., KIPP NJ, The Montclair Kimberly Academy, Moss & More, Temple Ner Tamid, Thomas Direct, The Clyne Family, The Glading Group at Greystone Consulting, Modclair, Power Bar, A&M Industrial , Corneal Associates of New Jersey, and The Sterling Family.
There are several ways to participate in this year’s virtual event to help fight food insecurity during the holiday season!
#1 – DONATE USING OUR FUNDRAISING PAGE: Our fundraising page allows anyone to donate to the event. All proceeds will be used to purchase turkeys and all of the necessary side dishes for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. A $20 donation funds one turkey, $40 donation funds two turkeys, and a $60 donation funds three turkeys!
Donate and share with friends and family - on social media or through email. The first $10,000 in donations will be matched by our sponsor, Partners For Health Foundation!
#2 – STILL WANT TO RIDE? Due to COVID, the group ride is suspended, but cyclists can still ride, we are suggesting participants ride individually or with a small group of friends and/or family, leaving from location of your choice.
• Montclair Bikery will NOT be supporting a group ride.
• Please do not gather at the shop. The route will NOT be marked.
• Brookdale Shoprite on Broad Street in Bloomfield will be welcoming riders between 10 am and noon, where frozen turkeys will be available for purchase. Riders will have to carry their turkey by bike and deliver them to the Human Needs Food Pantry in Montclair (9 Label Street).
• Cyclists need to enter Brookdale ShopRite on Broad Acres Drive, and go to the designated area just for cyclists (follow the signs). Masks are required in the supermarket.
• Cyclists should drop off the turkeys at the Pantry between 10am and 12:30 pm, where hot cocoa will be waiting for you, courtesy of Egan and Sons.
#3 – NOT INTERESTED IN RIDING, but still want to participate in the fun. Community members can drop off frozen turkeys at the Human Needs Food Pantry on Sunday, November 22nd. We are also collecting other Thanksgiving foods, including instant mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, pie crust mix and filling! Join the riders at Egan’s for hot cocoa on their patio.